Tie-breakers

A section for discussing Tri-County playoffs.

Moderators: webmaster, Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tie-breakers

Postby 123 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:45 pm

Does anyone know what tie breakers are used for playoff matchups? I assume head to head is the first tie-breaker, but w/ so many close races at the top & the bottom of the playoff picture, I'm sure there's some ties where the teams split the series for the year, or 3 way ties. Any help?

Moneymaker

Postby Moneymaker » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:23 am

Tie Breaking Rules

1. Head to Head
2. Runs for and against
3. Record against the top place team in the leage head to head, if the first two teams are tied it goes to record against the next highest team.

final standings will be done on the website this weekend or monday morning depending on when the last games are played. and the playoff matches will be announced.

a fan

Postby a fan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:30 am

runs for and against is that for the year or between the two teams games?

Ingersoll Crush

Postby Ingersoll Crush » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:15 pm

My understanding of the tie breaker is::
from the current standings. and I know fan you rae really only interested in Woodstock

ie. Woodstock (if they win out) and Innerkip are tied for 1st
Woodstock and Innerkip split their games and are tied for runs for and against vs. each other (still tied)
Ingersoll is 3rd; Both Kip and Kelsey's split with Ingersoll (still tied)
Ayr is 4th; Both Kip and Kelsey's swept Ayr (still tied)
Salford is 5th; Kip swept Salford, Kelsey's split with Salford

Innerkip is awarded 1st, Woodstock 2nd

This is how I think the whole tie thing works, but the executive may have another interpretation.
We made it a little easier to figure out with our loss to Ayr or it would have been a 3 - way tie for 1st...

Doug Jackson

Postby Doug Jackson » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:37 am

I personally think that going to the 5th place team to decide 1st place is crap. Maybe Woodstock & Kip should have a one game playoff for first.
Just my opinion i know the league constitution should take presidence {sp}

Doug jackson

Return to “Playoffs”