Postby gator11 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:47 pm
2008 OASA Masters "A" & B" Provincial Championships
July 18, 19, 20 / 2008 Niagara Falls, Ont.
Here are the eligibilty rules as found on the OASA web site ...
Current OASA Master Rules
1. In 2008 a position player must be at least 39 years of age in the year of the event. 2:5:1
Pitchers must be at least 40 years of age in the year of the event.
2. All Master players are eligible to play both Master Men and Intermediate Men but are not eligible to play for a Senior Men’s team at the Ontario championship. 2:5:1 b)
3. All pitchers on an ISC I roster in the current year are not eligible to pitch for a team in the Masters classification. 2:5:1 b)
4. A maximum of 2 unlisted player additions or changes to the affiliated Junior, Intermediate and Masters Men’s team certificate will be allowed until one week prior to the teams first event through the registrar. Signed certificates will be presented by teams at the first event. New 2:3(c)
5. Masters affiliation date June 10. New 2:3(d)
6. Masters certification date July 1. New 2:3(a)
7. All teams are restricted to 17 players and a minimum of 9 players from Junior Mite to Senior Men with the exceptions of Masters’ teams which have a maximum of 20 players. 3:4:1
Resolutions for 2008 Season
1. For the 2008 season a Masters B (recreational) division is created. Teams will select Masters A (Competitive) or Masters B. The OASA may move teams based on their competitiveness.
2. Teams using affiliated Junior or Masters players as part of their Intermediate men’s team must list those players’ names only on their Intermediate certificates with the classification they are signed. Teams must still be required to produce the appropriate Masters or Junior certificates.
Criteria Recommendations for Masters B Category
1. Unlimited Substitution
9 players must be listed in the batting order. Subs listed on the line up card are subject to normal re-entry rule restrictions offensively. All players on the line up card can be moved in and out of all defensive positions. Unlimited defensive substitutions are allowed.
2. Underage Players
Up to 3 underage players (age 35 to 38 ) in the year of the event who meet the Masters B eligibility guidelines and who are also not carded OASA Intermediate, OASA Senior, NAFA, ORSA, ISC, ASA or ISC II in the current year will be allowed per team. These underage players will not be allowed to pitch.
3. Carded Players
Players on a 2008 OASA Intermediate, OASA Senior, ISC II, ISC, ORSA, ASA or NAFA certificate or team are not eligible to sign a Masters B certificate.
4. Players meeting the following criteria will be eligible to play in the Masters B category:
a. All players who are not on an official roster in 2008 with the OASA, ORSA, ISC, ISC II, NAFA, or ASA.
b. They did not play in an OASA Masters tournament in the previous year.
c. They have not played on a National team, Softball Canada Senior Men’s Fastball Championship, ISC or NAFA "AAA" or higher event in the previous 10 years unless they are at least 50 years of age in the year of the event.
d. They have not played in the OASA Intermediate or Senior Eliminations, OASA Provincial A, B, or C tournaments, ORSA Grand Championship, ISC II Qualifier or Tournament of Champions, NAFA "AA" or NAFA "AA Major" tournaments in the previous 3 years.
e. They have not played in a NAFA Masters World Series or higher category tournament in the previous 3 years.
Note: The OASA Masters rules were created so all of the teams would have fair criteria to go by for eligibility reference. All teams and players may appeal their eligibility based on their submitted roster. The OASA will only consider appeals that are submitted with a FINAL roster by June 1, 2008 to George Ryder, OASA Men’s Committee Chair. The OASA has final approval on team and player eligibility for their events. Despite the best efforts of the OASA not all players and teams who may be considered ineligible for Masters B play are covered under this list of restrictions.
When teams appeal or request information about appeals the OASA may want to consider asking for some of the following information:
1. Give a history of the team, is this an established team or a new team for 2008?
2. Does the team play together in a league or is this an all-star team assembled with pick up players?
3. List any tournaments the team or any of the players have played in during the last 5 years and identify all top 3 finishes.
4. Have you or any of the players won individual awards in league or tournament play?
5. Has the team won any league championships? Include contact information for league president.
6. Identify all pitchers on the roster.
7. Identify underage players on the roster.